Friday, November 11, 2011

TIP: Why Friday Night is Date Night

Date Night Movie
One of the most important pieces of counsel that I received when I got married was to make sure to set aside Friday night as date night with my wife.  Even if the date does not turn out like that of Tina Fey and Steve Carrell in the movie Date Night, it can be fun and exciting.  Why is date night important?  Here are three things that have may a difference to my wife and I because of date night:

1) Time to Reconnect:

While this may be weird coming from a guy, I have loved the chance that I get to sit and talk with my wife.  Dating has allowed us to continue to get to know one another and learn more about why we fell in love.  We can laugh, tease, inspire and uplift one another as we take time to talk and enjoy the life that we have.  I love the fact that after going out with my wife, I feel more connected with her.

2) Time to Disconnect:



Life is really stressful.  My wife and I have schedules that are packed to the brim.  Because we have so much going on, it is great to have an evening that we can disconnect from it all.  We leave work and other responsibilities behind for a couple of ours and detach ourselves from the stresses of our lives.  This has helped us because it allows us to see one another as a refuge from difficulties instead of a cause of difficulties.

3) Time to Connect Four:

Remember how much fun it was as a kid to-

Date night is such an excellent time to just sit back and have some fun.  Life can be so busy and stressful.  It is necessary to take some time to step out and have some fun.  Go to a show.  Play some games.  Go to a local gala.  Go dancing.  Whatever it is... Just go out and have some fun.

Marriage isn't complete at the wedding ceremony.  You are combining two different people... Date night helps make that process even more fun.  So tonight... Go on a date!

No comments:

Post a Comment